Fish Transport Recommendations

hannah662parker

Hello!!

So, I need some advice. I have 3 fish tanks that I’m moving into my dorm room tomorrow. In one tank I have a female betta, and I have a male betta and five tetras in the other, and the third is empty.

I plan to move the five tetras into the empty third tank because my betta has gotten bigger and chases them too often for comfort.

But my question is, should I move them into the new tank tonight, then transport them to the dorm, or should I transport them to the dorm and then put them in the new tank?? Which will stress them out the least?? Thank you!!

PS- I have four flights of stairs to move these tanks up, so all the fish will be in separate little containers for transport, not their tanks.

lilirose

I would wait until you've transported them to move them to a new tank.

Crispii

If I were you, I would would move the tanks into the dorm room and set everything up before adding livestock. Keep all of the livestock in a bucket/container and try to keep it as dark as possible in order to prevent stress. Aeration is important, so I would add some kind of air stone or sponge filter if I were you. After the setup, you can then add your livestock. Assuming that there's no beneficial bacteria and that you need to cycle an aquarium, you can do daily water changes and add Seachem Prime.

kallililly1973

I agree with teh above. keep everyone in their current homes til your tanks are all set up and in place then do the moves.

hannah662parker

Thanks guys!!

jdhef

I too agree, keep everyone in their current tanks until after you move.

hannah662parker

Everyone survived the move. It was a rough one but they made it!

Crispii

Everyone survived the move. It was a rough one but they made it!
Awesome!

Mongo75

Great news

jdhef

Excellent! Good work.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BlackMolly99
Replies
Views