Help Fish Tb Mistake?

Reaction score
So the last tank I had was a 10 gallon I had a few platys that i thought had wasting away disease,it discouraged me from getting more fish since I lost them all however I just recently set up a 29 gallon.i used the old filter I had and some fake plants I made sure to dip them in a vinegar mix and let them dry,however after doing some research I found out they might have had fish tb my problem is can it come back since I already put the old filter on the new tank?

Pat93

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you cleaned them well enough probably not but if your sure it’s fish tb you yourself should actually go to the doctor I would anyways. Humans can contract that disease.
If you don’t have any fish in the new tank it might be worth giving it a good cleaning again and letting everything dry, give it some direct sunlight for UV sterilization au natural
It’s a bacteria so maybe antibiotics? You’ll have to ask someone way smarter than me if you need gram positive or gram negative meds

Pat93

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would research that heavily, at first glance it looks like a good way to make you ph drop faster than my popularity in high school when I got that weird haircut.

Pat93

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My mistake I thought you meant some form of treatment in which you add vinegar directly to the tank water, soaks in pretty much anything are fine as long as you let the items dry decently and rinse them with dechlorinated water well enough

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom