Fish tattoos

GothicCandle
Two part post:
1: do you have any tattoos of fish?

2: do you know of any books or websites that have lots and lots of pictures of goldfish at different angles. I have been wanting to get a tattoo of mine for a few years now and thanks to the nice government check everyone is getting I at last have the cash to do it. But I only have one picture of her and its not too good a picture. see.

angelfish220
If I had a tatoo my mom would flip!

All I can say is look online...

Angela_96
No, I am actually planning to get another tattoo in the next month between my shoulder blades, but not a fish, its a tribal (I am cherokee well mostly, my grandmothers both maternal and paternal were 100 percent)... anyways... its a tribal heart...
My friends were shocked it wasn't going to be some kind of african writing for mbuna, or cichlid.... I said no.. I am actually going to try to track down my tribal roots eventually and join the Cherokee nation.

Neville
I have a Dragon on my right forearm and an Irish cross on my right arm! but some Fish tattoos r really nice especially the mermaids!

dee34
tattoos

hI I got a tattoo about a year ago of a japinese koi on my arm/shoulder it took 3 1/2 hours didnt get any colour just black with white :

Butterfly
hI I got a tattoo about a year ago of a japinese koi on my arm/shoulder it took 3 1/2 hours didnt get any colour just black with white :
pictures
Carol

COBettaCouple
One of the judges at the Betta show that we went to had a great tat of a HM Betta. One like that would be cool, but I'd probably start thinking about the tank I could buy with the money.

Landozer18
Thinking of getting a fish tattoo on my left forearm to match the lizard on my right forearm.
Any suggestions? Don't know where to start.

GemstonePony
I'm not into getting tattoos, but betta, angelfish, or discus are my faves..

Landozer18
discus got me thinking.

Akari_32
Koi!

wisecrackerz
when I saw the title of your post, a tattoo of a fish wasn't at all what I expected! (See my signature lol)

i'm planning on a text book diagram style weather loach, but that's because they were some of my first fish, and have always been incredibly special to me. i'd say pick a fish that holds significant meaning for you, or represents something important to you. then we can help you come up with some cool ways to make it look the way you want.

ps what kind of lizard?

Landozer18
weather loach neat tattoo. I love my rts but I think that would be a boring tattoo.
Its not any specific lizard. I just picked one that I liked online but picked way better colors. Too me the lizard is a symbol of change and at that time I was changing alot.

wisecrackerz
tell me how big you want it, and give me a rough idea, like if you like more life like or more fantastical, and what kind of colors you want, and I could rough out a RTS for you if you want, just to get an idea. I could probably do a better job if I knew what color your skin is, but if you're not comfortable sharing that info, I can't blame you, and I could just mock up something general.
i've mocked up tattoos for friends before, it's fun.

Landozer18
That sounds so awesome

wisecrackerz
ok, here goes nothin...

SarahFish
I wasn't expecting this either hahaha
there are people out there who actually tattoo fish!

Can't wait to see how this looks!

I want to get a fish tattoo too, not sure which one though..

Homedog98
I think a betta would be cool...

wisecrackerz
A friend of mine has a betta splendens... um, it's sort of at the base of her spine. just below the small of her back? I know the slang term for that spot, but idk a name for it that's appropriate for here. Anyway, it's really neat, it looks kind of like a dragon scale, lots of blacks and blues and greens with some really fantastic reds and purples picking out details.

ScottsTanks
I don't know if you like saltwater fish at all Landozer but I think an emporer angelfish would look really good. I think Wizecrackerz' advice is best. Pick a fish that means something to you. I'd probably pick my EBJD.

Landozer18
I got her drawing my favourite right now rts
I know alomost nothing about salt water but I will check into your suggestion scottstanks. Sorry all I'm not much for a Betta fan.

wisecrackerz
I got her drawing my favourite right now rts
I know alomost nothing about salt water but I will check into your suggestion scottstanks. Sorry all I'm not much for a Betta fan.

haha, I'm using my friend's betta for inspiration for the specs you sent me, but don't worry, it won't look anything like a betta. actually researching for the drawing right at this very moment

Landozer18
thanks crackerz

aslader
I have 4 koi and an octopus on my left arm. I'll upload a pic when I can. I'm not on my PC right now.

Landozer18
Octopus that would be so cool.
Not big on Koi though.

wisecrackerz
OK, I get access to a scanner on Wednesday morning, so get ready to be under-whelmed lol. I'm actually saving up for an octopus on my right hip We should have a fish-tattoo club (even though octopI aren't fish )

Landozer18
fish tattoo club interesting. pft minor details close enough.

ScottsTanks
I wanna be in the fish tattoo club too but I'm also getting a invert not a fish. Nautilus within a fibonaccI spiral on my left forearm

SarahFish
can't wait to see the drawing

Landozer18
forearm eh? Why there?

ScottsTanks
wisecrackerz
so my pm thing isn't working right now (I think it's a browser setting i'm messing with, but in the meantime...) @ LD; omw atm to find a public use scanner to hook this mess up, but I was struck by an idea and wanted to put it past you; how do you feel about flames? Some people love them, some people hate them, so I figured I'd ask.

wisecrackerz
saving my upper arms for half sleeves

I know how you feel; I'm leaving my entire torso blank until I can afford my back tattoo, because it's going to wrap around a bit and I don't want the artists to be crowded in their work. Upper arms are kind of the same in that there's so much that can be done with them; it's very tempting to just bust out and go for it when you're trying to reserve a space!

Landozer18
someone being considerant for the artist wow.

Everythingzen
I want one on my foot, but I'm unsure if it's possible to get needles fine enough for what I want. A friend of mine does tattoos but her needles seem awfully thick. I'm also really fussy about it bleeding over time. If it looks blurry then it won't be the same. I know it won't stay sharp and clear forever (though foot skin is fairly thin, smooth and taut anyway) but I like to complain.

Landozer18
I don't suggest getting friends to do tattoo's.

Everythingzen
She's very experienced, trustworthy, and neat. I'd trust her over anyone else.

wisecrackerz
someone being considerant for the artist wow.

I have to be; if they don't like the project, why would the artists invest their best efforts into the design? And I want them to really go all out with it, not be fettered in by the boundaries of my previous work. It's difficult enough to get the collaborative project going (I'm planning on having 2 or 3 painters working with my tattoo artist on the design), without going around making things difficult lol!

I want one on my foot, but I'm unsure if it's possible to get needles fine enough for what I want. A friend of mine does tattoos but her needles seem awfully thick. I'm also really fussy about it bleeding over time. If it looks blurry then it won't be the same. I know it won't stay sharp and clear forever (though foot skin is fairly thin, smooth and taut anyway) but I like to complain.

One of my girlfriends from college has a blue rose on her right foot which is incredibly detailed, however the artist warned her that with tattoos in places which see so much skin movement, she had a choice; it would either bleed over the next 20 years or so, or fade (I assume this has to to with how dark/how much ink is used, but I don't know for sure; I'm not a tattoo artist). She chose the fade, so she could get it touched up, but really, it just depends on your time scale. Any ink is going to blur and fade given enough time, as we age our skin chemistry and texture changes and no body art is going to look exactly the same after 50 years as it did the day it was inked. I know that's not very solid advice, but it's the best I can give. If you're worried about it looking the exact same forever, then imo you really shouldn't get the tattoo. You should get something that as your life progresses, you'll still be able to love the artwork for being a piece of living art incorporated into your body, that changes as your body changes, and evolves with you as an individual. If your design can't do that, well, then, it may just not be for you. Also, the top of the foot is one of the most painful areas, so if it's your first, you may want to consider something else first.

I also don't recommend having friends do your tattoo if you're concerned about the art quality. No matter how talented your friend is, there will be things that you won't LOVE about it at first, and it's really better to have that kind of friction with someone you have a purely professional relationship with, than a friend. Sort of a long the same lines as don't invest in your friend's business venture.

Ok, after I've just bashed your entire concept; what are you thinking of getting? It's neat to see what other people hold dear enough to keep with them forever.

Everythingzen
Ha, you're all good, crackz

Numerous folk have warned how the feet are one of the most painful. I agree with what you both say, too, with a friend doing it, but the design I want is fairly simple and more about the elements of it than the design itself. I essentially want a fishy blueish greenish Pisces symbol. With a friend doing it, I can get it drawn to how I want and take ages before it's ready for the transfer paper stuff. I don't know if I could explain it very well to a stranger. I suppose that isn't giving him or her much credit, as this is their job, but still. It's still just an idea anyway.

wisecrackerz
Ha, you're all good, crackz

Numerous folk have warned how the feet are one of the most painful. I agree with what you both say, too, with a friend doing it, but the design I want is fairly simple and more about the elements of it than the design itself. I essentially want a fishy blueish greenish Pisces symbol. With a friend doing it, I can get it drawn to how I want and take ages before it's ready for the transfer paper stuff. I don't know if I could explain it very well to a stranger. I suppose that isn't giving him or her much credit, as this is their job, but still. It's still just an idea anyway.

I know what you mean; that's why I'm having a group of artists do my back piece, and then eventually (in like 100 years when I can afford a 6k tattoo!) will give that paper to the tattoo artist of my choice and have them put the already completed design on me. Too tough to explain to a stranger exactly what I want goin' on back there.

but if you don't mind the blurring, and the importance is more the concept rather than the details, then I'd say go for it, and let your friend do it, as long as if something awful happens it wouldn't ruin your friendship. it doesn't sound like the kind of work I usually advise against (neck bites, cartoon characters, girlfriends/boyfriends names, princess/diva/queen/etc, band names, etc), i.e. something that's a transient part of your life, but rather something that's important to you, so other than the fact that it's going to hurt like anything, I can't see why not.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WinterSoldier.
Replies
Views
Mikey Doodle
  • Question
Replies
Views
Rcslade124
Replies