Fish tank updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Like those shrimp bowls. Is there a filter in there? what kind of light does it get, the plants seem to be growing well. Alison

fishguy122

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi Alison they're very easy to make. All that's in there is shrimp, plants and some gravel. The light is a cheap but good led light (I think around 24 6500k LEDs). The plants grow so well they occasionally pearl.

aliray

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I may have to give that some thought. I have one of those bowls empty, about 2 gallons. Have you tried it for cherry shrimp? How often do you change the water, or do you just do partial changes? Alison

fishguy122

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
There's both RCS and cherry shrimp in there. However I tried to make the parameters more in the rcs's favour because they're far more delicate than the cherries are. I haven't changed the water in about 2 months, I only do top ups as too many water changes can make algae due to varying levels of co2 in the water. Plus its not really necessary to water changes if you have loafs of plants as they do it for you

Leafray

Valued Member
Reaction score
There's both RCS and cherry shrimp in there. However I tried to make the parameters more in the rcs's favour because they're far more delicate than the cherries are. I haven't changed the water in about 2 months, I only do top ups as too many water changes can make algae due to varying levels of co2 in the water. Plus its not really necessary to water changes if you have loafs of plants as they do it for you
Great tank! How much were they rcs?

Currently breeding: h/b purple guppies

fishguy122

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Last edited by a moderator:

Leafray

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The one I got was £6 but I think that's because sits fairly low grade.

You should its so easy and its now my favourite tank.

Here's a pic of the RCS after a moult as its been hiding all day.
http://imgur.com/TlmTYUC
My neighbor gave me 5 grade aa crs for free I think he just wanted me out of his house for a while..

Leafray

Valued Member
Reaction score
No there's another 2 cherries in there but they weren't in the shot. Leafray what do yours look like?
Can't find them in my 90 gallon planted, but they were mostly white with vey few splotches of red

fishguy122

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They sound cool.

I'm thinking of possibly doing an SW version of my shrimp bowl. Think it'd work?

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nice bowl!
I have absolutely no experience with SW tanks, but I have read that keeping parameters stable is extremely hard, especially in smaller tanks, and since it's a bowl I would say definitely not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom