Fish tank updates

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by fishguy122, Aug 14, 2015.

1. fishguy122Well Known MemberMember

Hi this is just a quick look at my tanks

First pic is of a CRS that's been living in my shrimp bowl for 3 weeks with no problems.

2. BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Very nice haha!

3. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Like those shrimp bowls. Is there a filter in there? what kind of light does it get, the plants seem to be growing well. Alison

4. fishguy122Well Known MemberMember

Hi Alison they're very easy to make. All that's in there is shrimp, plants and some gravel. The light is a cheap but good led light (I think around 24 6500k LEDs). The plants grow so well they occasionally pearl.

5. alirayFishlore VIPMember

I may have to give that some thought. I have one of those bowls empty, about 2 gallons. Have you tried it for cherry shrimp? How often do you change the water, or do you just do partial changes? Alison

6. fishguy122Well Known MemberMember

There's both RCS and cherry shrimp in there. However I tried to make the parameters more in the rcs's favour because they're far more delicate than the cherries are. I haven't changed the water in about 2 months, I only do top ups as too many water changes can make algae due to varying levels of co2 in the water. Plus its not really necessary to water changes if you have loafs of plants as they do it for you

7. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Great tank! :) How much were they rcs?

Currently breeding: h/b purple guppies

8. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Wow I am surprised, I will definately try that. Alison

9. fishguy122Well Known MemberMember

Thanks! The one I got was £6 but I think that's because sits fairly low grade.

You should its so easy and its now my favourite tank.

Here's a pic of the RCS after a moult as its been hiding all day.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
  10. LeafrayValued MemberMember

My neighbor gave me 5 grade aa crs for free :) I think he just wanted me out of his house for a while.. :D

11. alirayFishlore VIPMember

Are the two shrimp the only inhabitants? They look cute together. Alison

12. fishguy122Well Known MemberMember

No there's another 2 cherries in there but they weren't in the shot. Leafray what do yours look like?

13. LeafrayValued MemberMember

Can't find them in my 90 gallon planted, but they were mostly white with vey few splotches of red

14. fishguy122Well Known MemberMember

They sound cool.

I'm thinking of possibly doing an SW version of my shrimp bowl. Think it'd work?

15. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Nice bowl!
    I have absolutely no experience with SW tanks, but I have read that keeping parameters stable is extremely hard, especially in smaller tanks, and since it's a bowl I would say definitely not.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice