Fish Suddenly Stressed-out

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi everyone.

I've had my betta Wanhi for 7 months now. He's in a 10g, 78F with parameters 0,0,5. I did a 50% water change yesterday like I do every week.

He's always been very aggressive towards me. Trying to attack me trough the glass, jumping on my fingers at feeding time and following my hand in the water.

When I came back home earlier today I went by his tank and put my finger om the glass like I often do, but this time instead of coming near me he rushed in the opposite corner and stayed there for a few seconds, not moving. Now, every time I come next to his tank he gets stressed -out and go in the same corner next to the filter.

There is no sign of any physical problem on him.

What do you think happened? He was acting normal last night...

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey Wanhi,

So dont worry about it. Honestly fish are like any other animal, they do funny things at times. Sometimes they seemingly act weird. He might be playing with you. I have a 10" Green terror that is the boss of his tank and he greets me and follows me and interacts alot. then he swam away a few times and it took me a bit to realize he was playing tag

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
CanadianFishFan said:
Always good to add a photo, he could be tired of being aggressive or somethings wrong.
I didn't add a picture because he physically looks absolutely normal... I can still try to take one if you really think it could help.

NavyChief20 said:
Hey Wanhi,

So dont worry about it. Honestly fish are like any other animal, they do funny things at times. Sometimes they seemingly act weird. He might be playing with you. I have a 10" Green terror that is the boss of his tank and he greets me and follows me and interacts alot. then he swam away a few times and it took me a bit to realize he was playing tag
Thank you for answering. I hope it's just that... I have to admit that I get worried about him very quickly because he's by far my favourite fish

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
WanhiBetta said:
I didn't add a picture because he physically looks absolutely normal... I can still try to take one if you really think it could help.
you never know ive seen people who say there fish is fine, and once we look at it theres things wrong. If you feel confidante enough you dont have too.

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
I realized that he's really only afraid of my hands... I get put my head as close to the tank as I want but as soon as it's my hands he gets crazy again...

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
WanhiBetta said:
I realized that he's really only afraid of my hands... I get put my head as close to the tank as I want but as soon as it's my hands he gets crazy again...
Your "fins" are bigger than his

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom