Fish stress

1. colourblonde

colourblonde Valued Member Member

I have a head and tail light tetra that seems to have fin rot. I have purchased Seachem's Paraguard. It says on the directions to add to the tank until the fish has healed provided there are no signs of stress.
    My question is what are the signs of stress that I should be looking out for?

It is the only fish in the tank that has any signs of illness. I just want to make sure I don't stress out the rest of the fish.

Thank you

2. peregrine

peregrine Valued Member Member

Stress is hard to tell on fish. But usually it's them acting unnaturally. Or different than they usually are.

Just curious what your water parameters are as Fin rot is usually due to bad water conditions.

3. OP
    OP
    colourblonde

I have a 54 gallon tank with some other tetras, a placo a few mollies and a gourami. I do a 40-50% water change each week. He's the only one with any signs of disease.
    I am just guessing that it is fin rot but the back end has literally rotted away. However, he still eats regularly and swims around as well. He doesn't seem sick but he certainly looks sick.

4. peregrine

Was the fin grayish on the ends ((or is it)) or any little fuzzy type stuff? It could be one of the other fishies nipping at his fins.

5. OP
    OP
    colourblonde

It's 3 whitish stripes starting from midway down his back to his tail.

6. peregrine

Are you able to take a picture. And what are your water parameters?

And I means on the end of the tail, or are you saying there are 3 fuzzy white stripes on the fish?