Question fish stores online

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyz28

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hello everyone needed to ask where would be a good site to order healthy and reliable freshwater fishes good experiences with vendors. I have a 30 gal. and would like to have certain rainbow fishes but where i am from there hard to get. any info would be helpful. thanks for the time.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't mean to butt in, but I have a question?

How can you order fish online
How do they send them to you, don't they die on the trip.

Thanks
ayelie

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
No, most supplies ship overnight so you pay dearly for shipping. Most have a live arrival guarantee, but from I've have seen, it's only a couple days.

You might check out:

Craig-D

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Petsolutions.com has a 14 day live arrival guarantee I believe. I have never ordered livestock from them, but I have ordered a lot of equipment. Great company.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Keep in mind that any members with over 50 posts to the forum can create threads and posts in Fish Lore Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum. We have quiet a few members raising and selling and shipping fish.

I was always afraid of having fish shipped too until I received my boy Wriggley from MartinsMommy. She was in Arizona (I think it was) at the time and I'm in South Carolina. The fish arrived in less than 36 hours from the time it was shipped. Wriggley was packed so well, he was warm and toasty with a hand warmer included in the packing. And an Indian Almond Leaf

I've never ordered from a pet store though but many members do. I like the idea of having a 14 day live arrival guarantee! If the fish should arrive and is not alive, take a photo of the deceased fish while it's still in the unopened bag. Cover all of your bases so to speak.

Don't forget about Quarantine! I didn't have to worry about Quarantine for Wriggley as I know the seller and he was going into a tank by himself.

Ken

flyin-lowe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't mean to butt in, but I have a question?

How can you order fish online
How do they send them to you, don't they die on the trip.

Thanks
ayelie

You have to remember that this is how we get fish in the LFS. They are in bags and shipped across the country and sometimes all over the world. I think it is safer (and usually cheaper) to order fish from a breeder. You must remember that fish at a lfs are bread and then shipped to a distributor, then out to lfs and then bagged up again and taken home. If you find a breeder the fish is just shipped one time and it can be less stressful. To different times I have ordered albino BN plecos from a member of this site and with shipping it was still a lot cheaper then getting them at the lfs. Plus they are very healthy.

OP
C

chevyz28

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks for all the quick helpful response to all. i will see if i can find a breeder here on this site. its just where im at we have petsmart and the fishes are not all that. and the super walmart forgettttt it lol. thanks everyone i will keep you posted in what i will find.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think you will be disappointed. They also run some pretty good sales. I just picked up a German Blue Ram there last Friday. They had them on sale for $1.99. Also (even though it wouldn't be worthwhile for you) if you buy a filter from them, they give you 20% off on media for it for as long as you own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.2%

Top Bottom