20 Gallon Tank Fish stocking question

teep

I am getting my 20-gallon tall tank set up and I am thinking about what fish I should get. I am getting live plants and I am working on cycling it. I really want to get a peacock gudgeon as my centerpiece and I am pretty set on this, but I read online that they like to have a buddy.

If I had two peacock gudgeons. What other fish could I include in the community? How many? I am interested in cherry shrimp, snails, tetras, and pygmy cory. Would these be a good fit? I am a bit lost on how to tell what is a safe amount for a tank this size (I am seeing lots of conflicting information online).

Thanks for your help!

Sb092

Peacock gudgeons like to school. I am going to put 5 in my 75 gallon. I absolutely love rabbit snails!! I have one yellow and today purchased a black one. If your thinking snails, I recommend rabbit snails. If you haven’t seen glass/ghost catfish tjey are awesome!!! I prefer the asian vs the African ghost/glass catfish. But these fish also like to school so I will be getting 6 of those for my big tank. I tried to research the areas of the tank each fish would inhabit. Some fish like the bottom, some are middle dwellers, and some prefer the top. I think as long as you give each fish it’s space you should be good. Be careful of shrimp… sometimes they become dinner for fish. I will send you a link with a stocking calculator. You literally put in your tank dimensions and then pick fish from the menu, put the number of fish, and it will tell you the percentage of stocking…. Give me a few minutes to find the link.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Hellfishguy
  • Question
Replies
Views
CoolCoryCatz
  • Question
Replies