29 Gallon Tank Fish stocking and tank decor/plants revamping

Masspanic

Hello! Been a while since I've posted--I mostly lurk nowadays haha. But anyway I just moved and thought this might be a great opportunity to revamp things. I have two tanks:

29's current inhabitants:
1 female betta
3 honey gourami (1m:2f)
12 neon tetras
6 panda cories

20's inhabitants:
1 male betta
6 pygmy cories

I think I might like to move my neon tetras from the 29 to the 20. I am a bit concerned about the neons bullying my betta however. Is this likely? If so, what would be a good nano fish for this tank instead? Or should I divide it again and put something else on the other side?

Going with the idea that the neons will come out of the 29, what are some unique options for a 29 with the remaining stock? I may take out the female betta.

Finally, does anyone have suggestions for the actual layout of the tank? I have a few java ferns that survived in the corner and a shipment of anacharis, water wisteria, and bacopa on the way. Any others I should look into? Its a low tech set-up. And I'm just not really feeling the fake rock structure anymore so I want to take that out and do something different. Ideas?

Apologies for the long post.

Attachments

• IMG-3451.JPG
    IMG-3451.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 14

BigManAquatics

Some rasboras, like harlequins, shouldn't be mich a pest to the betta if it comes to that. Might be some nipping from the neons if the betta has longer fins. Same goes for a lot of tetras, though.

Masspanic

Here's what it looks like with the new plants. Still figuring out fish situation

Attachments

• IMG-3454.JPG
    IMG-3454.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 16

Masspanic

Anyone have suggestions for what can go with honey gouramis in a 29? Are there any other gouramis or rams or something that could work?

BigManAquatics

A single bolivian ram might do well. If alone, won't be breeding to get that aggression.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JettsPapa
Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
Fiercebettas
  • Question
Replies