fish staying at top of tank

1. bwreynolds Member Member

I have majority African cichlid in my 150gallon 8 of my 15 fish are staying at the top which includes two pleco. They were fine, then I did a water change and this happened. I have plenty of circulation so it can't be oxygen and thats all I've been reading tree problem could be... Any help would be great.

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

My first question though probably unlikely is did you forget to dechlorinate?
    Have you tested your water for any ammonia or nitrite spikes, has anything new been added?
    Also test the tap water as that can sometimes change if any works have been done in the area

3. bwreynolds Member Member

I added dechlorinator... No spikes in anything but I could see there being in my tap water. They all act like normal when I feed but are not active at all anymore

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Is the filter flow breaking the surface enough? 150 is a big tank to oxygenate

5. bwreynolds Member Member

The entire top of water is rippling... I have an air pump and my filet return angled to create the ripple

6. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I'm running out of ideas, have you checked the temperature of the tank? high temp water holds less oxygen, has anything different been used in the room, sprays etc that could have got into the tank?
    Hopefully someone else will come along with other ideas

7. bwreynolds Member Member

25c is the temp... So upper 70s