fish stay on one side only

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by mad87man, Jan 12, 2013.

1. mad87manNew MemberMember

anyone else have this problem? i have 2 clowns and a green chromis and they all tend to stay on the right side of the tank for some reason. sometimes they go to the middle but never to the left. Anyone else have fish that stay on one side?

2. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

to much flow or lack of flow? just a guess on my part

3. mad87manNew MemberMember

not sure i have a power head on the ride side which is the side they stay on. maybe i wil move it more to the middle and see what happens. the filter is on the left though so maybe that's what it could be.

4. ryanrModeratorModerator Member

What's on the left hand side of the tank?
    Do humans stay mainly to right hand side?

Clowns often will stay in a corner of the tank, I can't speak for chromis.

5. mad87manNew MemberMember

there is a wall against half of it then nothing nobody on the right side either just mainly look threw the middle.

6. steve_58Valued MemberMember

You might try changing the current flow. Maybe add another powerhead to other end of tank. Also when u feed do you put food in at same place regulary? When u feed watch were most of the food seems to head to. Mine used to always hang out where the best feeding was. I changed flow and fed different place each time i fed and it helped.

7. mad87manNew MemberMember

i put the right side power head near the back of the tank so i'm gunna move it to more of the middle of the right side and see what happens. maybe it will blow them to the middle/other side lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice