Fish starter question

Megstarter

Reaction score
I recently bought three glow fish tetras two days ago and after two days their fins deteriorated and they died. We figured out that they were getting stuck to the water filter.
I’m super upset cause I have tried my best to make their tank the best for them. I’m not sure if they were sick prior to getting them since the pet store jsut re opened and they were in small tanks full of 40-50 fish.
I don’t know if it was stress thatgot them in the end or if it was the filter

looking for tips on ways I can reduce stress for fish. I’m going to try again but not at the moment just cause it’s upset me and I don’t want it to happen again.Do you think it was stress or the water filter

please be nice. I know some people can get protective. I’m new to this and am trying to learn more so that it doesn’t happen again( also should leteveryone know I had the tank running for two months prior to getting the fish)

kattiq

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry to hear about the deaths!
What is your tank like? Has it been cycled and prepped for fish?
It could of been the combo of both. I recently bought 6 neon tetras from my fish store and they all died within a few days and I have perfect water parameters. Sometimes fish also just die unfortunately depending on where they came from, stress or even possibly the filter. :(

New Threads