Fish species books

Wolfman

Reaction score
Can anyone Recommend a good fish book

Thanks wolfman

dmcl1

Reaction score
Honestly, try your local library first. Check out a variety of what they have available. If will help you recognize the type of information that *you* find helpful so you can make a better purchasing decision. I've found that many of the "encyclopedia of fish" type books are great picture books but don't provide all that much in the way of real and useful information (like letting you know if a fish is a schooling fish and how many should be kept together to be happy, etc.).

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
The Baensch series is usually considered the best books for the hobby, but they can be pricey. If you have the time and patience, you can find them one book at a time on ebay or aquabid at a much cheaper price per book.

OP
W

Wolfman

Reaction score
thanks gunnie that's exactly what I was looking for.

OP
W

Wolfman

Reaction score
Thanks gunnie I just bought vol 1-3 from fish2u.com for $95.00 now I just have to wait for them ugghhh.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Also used book stores are great places to add to your fish book library.
Ccarol

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
dmcl1's advice on looking at your local library is also very good advice. You could check out their books and if you find one you like, you can always buy it later online or at a used bookstore as Butterfly mentioned.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom