Fish Society Utah Question

Discussion in 'USA Aquarium Clubs' started by BaraYoukai, Apr 18, 2018.

1. BaraYoukaiValued MemberMember

Hello! I was wondering if any of the Utahians here have visited any fish clubs or have any recommendations. I see that there is one is Salt Lake. It’s a bit far from me but has anyone been and would recommend it? Are aquarium clubs normally pretty open to just visitors?

2. ktorgValued MemberMember

Yes, GSLAS (The Great Salt Lake Aquarium Society) is the big club in Salt Lake. We usually get 20+ people out to the meetings and last big auction was pretty fun and we had over one hundred people there! I recently started going regularly a few months ago and have had a great time. I have to drive up from Provo, but I think once a month is worth it! The presentations are usually pretty entertaining and you get access to some rare and dirt cheap fish! We are very open to visitors and there are new faces all the time! I believe the next meeting is on Thursday the 26th of this month. One of the club officers made a trip down to Brazil a month or so ago and he will be talking about it and sharing some Brazilian treats from what I heard. There is also a small auction at the end of each meeting to buy or sell fish, supplies, etc.
    I know that there are a few other clubs in Utah, such as the WMAS (Wasatch Marine Aquarium Society, which is salt water), and I think there's a guppy club too if that's what you are interested in.

3. BaraYoukaiValued MemberMember

Wow! Thank you so much! That's great to hear. I wants love in Lindon so not too far from you and was wondering if it was worth the drive. Thank you!

4. ktorgValued MemberMember

Of course! There's a Facebook group that you can join too. Just do a quick search for it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice