Fish sitting on the bottom of tank

ℱℐЅℋ ℒᎾᏉℰℛ

Reactions
Experience
Just started
Okay so I have a ten gallon tank, and I have 4 danio glofish. I had five, but one of them died. Right before he died, he was having trouble swimming. So I moved him to a 2.5 gallon tank, because my tank is pretty turbulent. Right before he died, he sat at the bottom of the tank and wouldn't swim, just sat there. He died a day or two later. In my ten gallon tank one of my fish has found an unturbulent part of the tank, and is laying there, he will swim if a fish comes near, but he tries to not move, does this mean he's about to die, and should I move him to my 2.5 gallon tank?

julien0101

Reactions
Firstly, danios are a schooling fish which would need to be in a 6 or above grp.

Secondly, they are very active and would prefer at least a 20 gallon but I doubt a ten gallon tank would kill it.

Thirdly, fish sitting on the ground can mean a lot of things, but smth is certainly wrong. Can u give us the water parameters and more details.

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
More than 10 years
I would not move the sick fish. You can add a hideout such as a mug on its side, a tera cotta pot or PVC pipe where the fish could go if it wants relief from light and current.

You may have seen tiny glow fish tanks for sale, it is very sad, because none of the species of glofish can live in them. 10 gallons is better than some tanks, but danios are some of the most active fish in the trade, a 20 gallon long is really a bare minimum and a school of 6 is minimum, while 8 or more is more ideal for this species.

I noticed in your aquarium description that you do not have any nitrates. is that still true? Can you get the results of ammonia nitrate and nitrite tests? your tank may not be cycled.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom