Fish schedule?

darkcat

Since a lot of people in this forum said that I should increase my wc to once a week, I'm going to be doing that. Can this schedule work? My tank is cycled btw.

Water maintenance :
Every Monday - Water change (water only)

Every other month - water change with gravel vacuuming. Sometimes scraping off algae, and sometimes moving decorations

Feeding schedule (Betta and neon tetras)
Tue, Wed, Sun - pellets
Thurs - bloodworms
Sat - peas or sometimes fasting day

Feeding schedule (Bottom Dwellers)
Tue, Wed, Fri - wafers
Thurs - bloodworms

*I put my betta in a breeder box when I feed my bottom dwellers*

Questions:
1. Is this schedule okay?
2. Do I need to vacuum every week?
3. Can I feed my betta hikari sinking wafers (for bottom dwellers) ?
4. Can I feed my betta flakes?
*if answer for 3 and 4 are yes, I will feed flakes, pellets, and wafers every Tue, Wed, and Sun.

StarGirl

50% water change and I would vacuum every week. The food schedule looks fine but I would feed Frozen Daphnia instead of peas. Daphnia you can feed once a week if you like. I would skip peas totally unless they were bloated and that was all I had. But thats just me.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

I agree with above. Also I wouldn't put your betta in a breeder box as it probably stresses him out, maybe distract her away from where you drop it.

Upvote 0

darkcat

I agree with above. Also I wouldn't put your betta in a breeder box as it probably stresses him out, maybe distract her away from where you drop it.
Even though I do that, my bottom dwellers are very slow at eating. He goes strait down when he's done distracted and eats

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I know where they are coming from on this one.......That dont work. Thats why my female has her own tank now. I had to put her in a breeder box at feeding time too, or else she ate so much she literally looked like her belly was going to split. She just swooped in the box cuz she knew it was food time, didnt have to ever net her. Bettas with this kind of appetite probably shouldnt be in a community tank. Its just easier.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
Jyeung
  • Question
Replies
Views
Ouse