Fish Safe With A Ctenopoma

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it fits in the mouth, it goes in the mouth. However, as for the zebra danios, another reason these fish aren't compatible is because zebra danios like much colder water being at a max of 75 degrees, while the perch wants a low of 78 degrees.

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DutchAquarium said:
If it fits in the mouth, it goes in the mouth. However, as for the zebra danios, another reason these fish aren't compatible is because zebra danios like much colder water being at a max of 75 degrees, while the perch wants a low of 78 degrees.
That's not true at all. That's what everyone tells you, but I've had my Zebra Danios for over a year now in 82 degree water with my angels.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry, i only listen to the studies done and the facts alex. Maybe this makes more sense. People can live in a 100 degree temps, but it's not comfortable. You therefore are doing your danios a harm by keeping them at 82.
Alex Pasquale said:
That's not true at all. That's what everyone tells you, but I've had my Zebra Danios for over a year now in 82 degree water with my angels.

Wobbegong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
chill out, I have kept my zebra danios at a max of 78 degrees and they seem to do just fine. Now would a three spot gourami be ok with a ctenopoma or would they get territorial to each other.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom