fish rubbing Help 

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Some of my fish have been rubbing on some of the ornaments like they are itchy. I don't see signs of ICH but could it be? I had a Molly die as well and the ammonia is up slightly so is that it...the ammonia level is up? Everything else is good. I don't want them to scratch themselves to the point of cutting their skin. I am going to do water changes every 2 days now that the Molly died for about a week or until the ammonia is gone. Is this ok? I can't do water changes everyday or my back will give out. I use the bucket method which I'm gonna have to change cause my back is hurting!! Please help with any advise....Thank you.

ps. It's my 50 gallon tank.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
rubbing can be many things...heres some of what can be the cause

ich
gill flukes
ammonia burns
nitrite burns
breeding behavior

for now, id up the changes to once a day with some prime or amquel+ if you have ANY ammonia/nitrites...that's the easiest place to start....

ppate1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
And get a siphon and/or gravel vacuum to help save your back.

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do have a gravel vacc but it doesn't reach a sink so I use a large bucket for it. I'll try everyday!! I hope it works!! Wish me luck.

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I found body flukes on one of my Mollies!! ARG...... Is there any natural things I can do or use medication? Does increasing the temps help as well?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads