Fish Room Journal

jmaldo
Hey, those EBA fry look familiar. LOL
As mentioned do a few 50% water changes per week. I found that really helps them grow. The LFSs I sold to here always were surprised at the size of them for their age.
Hope you are successful with them as I was.

Good Luck!

Advertisement
Pwilly07
Hey, those EBA fry look familiar. LOL
As mentioned do a few 50% water changes per week. I found that really helps them grow. The LFSs I sold to here always were surprised at the size of them for their age.
Hope you are successful with them as I was.

Good Luck!
Haha they sure are familiar lol. Happy that Im able to breed them. Nothin worse than getting good stock and killing it. I'd really like to keep the tradition of great EBA alive. I have it on the drip system at 3 gallons per hour for 75 mins, 4 times per day, 7 days a week. The drips are on the opposite end of the drain too. In theory, I do 15g per day on the tank so 37.5% daily, but I know I'm probably doing 1/3 of that in reality so 5g per day is 35g out of 40g per week. They should grow like crazy.

Pwilly07
Now I just have to figure out if my angelfish have paired off or not. I have 5 in a 75g tank and some hang around each other, but I am not sure of all the pairing off behaviors. If anyone has some advice, I'd really appreciate it. I will Google some more about them, but I like advice on here better. I do know I need some breeder cones and that they most likely will not raise the eggs, but getting to that point is where I am having difficulty.

Advertisement
jmaldo
By no means an "Angel"expert. Picked up 5 juvenile Angels, approx. quarter body size for a 55g Planted back in 2018. Thinking back, as they grew noticed a bit of hierarchy then the Alpha male and female did their mating dance and tail slaps even caught them lip locking. They then decided to claim an area of the tank and the remaining 3 were banished to the other side. The pair spawned 8 times and ate the eggs everytime. I did try to remove the eggs twice, had a few fry but I could not get them past the 2 week hurdle. I know coralbandit was successful in breeding them he may have some info to share.

Good Luck!

SouthAmericanCichlids
A little late, but...Following!

What all fish do you have? And what are you planning on getting with seemingly infinite new 10 gallons?

coralbandit
You want slates for the eggs over cones if you can get them .
I punched holes in mine and hung them from the top of tank as the angels like taller /higher things to lay on .
Easy peasy taking the slate and hatching the eggs ..
I would think you will know who is a pair .You shouldn't need to guess, they will let you know ..

Pwilly07
A little late, but...Following!

What all fish do you have? And what are you planning on getting with seemingly infinite new 10 gallons?
I currently have guppies, super red BN plecos, green dragon BN plecos, cherry barbs, fire red shrimp, blue dream shrimp, yellow goldenback, and bloody mary. I also have two EBA adult pairs, 225 or so fry the size of a dime, 6 panda corys, 10 bronze corys, 5 angelfish, mystery and ramshorn snails, marbled plecos, and dwarf neon rainbow fish. Before my latest escapade, I have (4) 20g tall, 40g breeder, 29g, (7) 20g longs, 75g, 5.5g, and (21) 10g tanks. I took out 6 of the 20g longs and made the shelf 24 inches wide instead of 16". I put the 20 longs in my garage for storage at the moment and added (7) 20g tall to the top, (5) 20g tall to the middle, and (2) 20g tall to the bottom along with another 40g breeder lengthwise. I only made my 10g rack that has 16 out of necessity as I had tanks with inhabitants, but no where to put them so I could drill all my other tanks I already had. I have moved shrimp from some 20g tanks to a 20g tall like a Skittles tank and then I am adding my separate breeding colonies to a row on the 10g rack closer to the floor so they stay cooler. I want to get calico plecos, lemon blue eyed plecos, more guppies, and have spots to grow baby angelfish and others.

I am happy you are following! Better late than never and ask as many questions as you want!

SouthAmericanCichlids
What type of angels are you thinking/have?

Pwilly07
What type of angels are you thinking/have?
I currently have koi angels and will be getting orange blush by the end of summer. If I can get them to breed then I may invest in some others too! I really want ones that are not readily available in stores and the ones I am breeding now and intend to breed are not in any stores near me at least 100 mile radius that I have looked at. They also have a good price point so I won't have to charge people an arm and a leg to get them, maybe just a finger or toe hahaha.

SouthAmericanCichlids
I currently have koi angels and will be getting orange blush by the end of summer. If I can get them to breed then I may invest in some others too! I really want ones that are not readily available in stores and the ones I am breeding now and intend to breed are not in any stores near me at least 100 mile radius that I have looked at. They also have a good price point so I won't have to charge people an arm and a leg to get them, maybe just a finger or toe hahaha.
A cool one would be the manacapuru angels. (Or the red shoulder angels) They are gorgeous, they originated from a riverway in SA and have been bred out to be even redder. I think they sell for 30 bucks a piece. I know I'd think about buying them from you.

Pwilly07
A cool one would be the manacapuru angels. (Or the red shoulder angels) They are gorgeous, they originated from a riverway in SA and have been bred out to be even redder. I think they sell for 30 bucks a piece. I know I'd think about buying them from you.
Well then, my fish room needs to get them asap. Anything to help my fish room get better, I'll do it. I like breeding fish and to me I don't care what I breed. I just breed and get in fish that people want to make the hobby better. If I'm not helping make the hobby better than what am I doing it for??

SouthAmericanCichlids
Well then, my fish room needs to get them asap. Anything to help my fish room get better, I'll do it. I like breeding fish and to me I don't care what I breed. I just breed and get in fish that people want to make the hobby better. If I'm not helping make the hobby better than what am I doing it for??
I am lowkey very excited.

coralbandit
People were always looking for the Dantumn angels .
I never had much success with them so I sent them to my buddy in Hawaii who says he has thousands now !
Angelfish – Discus Madness
I got another buddy in Ohio who is working Bulgarian Greens from a respected breeder .
Pick fish not everyone has and you should have no problem selling them .

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
hpt84
  • Question
Replies
Views
Pwilly07
Replies
Views
outlaw
Replies