Fish Room Advice

Aquarium Saturation

Hey,

I am planning on setting up a small fish room, with two racks. These are the tanks I will be getting:

1x 5 gal (already own)
1x 10 gal (already own)
1x 45 gal (hopefully picking up this weekend)
1x 100 gal (hopefully picking up this weekend)

And about 4 more tanks which I haven’t 100% planned for. My two racks are going to have a couple of spare spaces to put new tanks when the time comes.

This fish room is to be set up in a non insulated shed. I’m going to build a small room to one wall, and then insulate that. Would it be ok for me to use particle board and insulation sheets in the room? I can also put a heater in there to keep temps stable if that is needed?

One other question, what is the cheapest auto water change that I can set up? I would like water changing automatically, but I can’t afford a massive set up? Also, what air pump should I use?

Thanks

Darcy

Pictusboss

As far as the auto water change, I have no idea. However, if you get adjustable heaters in all of the tanks and heaters running in the room, you may be ok when it is cold. When it is warm, you may wan't to get aquarium chillers that you can adjust and install when it gets too hot.

fissh

How cold is the coldest in the winter?
How hot does it get in the summer?
Yes particle board and the 4x8 sheets of insulation are ok.
As far as a auto water changing system, with that few of tanks, I wouldn't bother. chances are you will need a space heater and a air conditioner and heaters in the tanks.
Good luck.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zach B.
Replies
Views
LowConductivity
Replies
Views
Jessica Short
Replies