Fish recognition

Kuebeecee

About a year ago I purchased a variety of fish for my tank. Among them was this little guy. I cannot, for the life of me, remember what kind of fish he is. (He sort of randomly found his way into my selections when I found out he jumped from one tank into another.)

Is he some different type of CAE? It’s the only thing I could find that comes close to looking like him. I was barely able to get a video of him, as I NEVER see him. He comes out of hiding once every couple of months, and when he sees me approach the tank he immediately hides again.

I took a screenshot of him, so the picture isn’t that great…

Attachments

• 88917936-EC9B-4750-9ED2-034E0F3EC8ED.jpeg
    88917936-EC9B-4750-9ED2-034E0F3EC8ED.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 23

StarGirl

Is it a Garra Rufa? Looks closer than a CAE.

Upvote 0

chromedome52

It is a Goby of some sort, notice the two dorsal fins. There are a few small species of algae eating Gobies that have extremely colorful males and live in high current streams. I am not very familiar with these species, but it gives you a direction to look for information.

Upvote 0

Kuebeecee

It is a Goby of some sort, notice the two dorsal fins. There are a few small species of algae eating Gobies that have extremely colorful males and live in high current streams. I am not very familiar with these species, but it gives you a direction to look for information.

Thank you! I was originally worried that he hides out all day, as I can’t keep track of his health. I wanted to see if this was normal behavior. Every couple of months I see him out for a couple of second and then, POOF! He’s gone…

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FishIord
  • Question
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
Replies
Views