Fish Profiles Suggestions

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This is more of a suggestion than anything, but I was curious if anyone else feels this way. The fish profiles are awesome and very handy research pages for anyone looking house a new fish or just starting to stock a tank. The only problem I see with them is that some don't really have pictures that show the variety of different species of fish.

For those that don't know, I am a big fan of Mollies, so I will use them as an example.

The picture for Mollies is a Black Mollie, which is pretty, but it is also kind of bland and could steer a person away from them if they don't read the common name section. There are so many different varieties of Mollies to chose from and it would be nice to see a couple more pictures. Cremeicle, Lyretail, Sailfin, Damaltion, Silver, Gold.

The same goes for plecos or even Cories. Maybe someone would like to see if a Pleco comes as an Albino Pleco.

Maybe I am just nit-picking, but I think it would be helpful, especially to the new fish keeper to show them many different varieties and colors of certain species. Anybody else feel this way?

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I totally agree! I've had many instances where the first pic I saw of a fish (or plant for that matter) either turned me off to the fish or made me want it but then I'd change my mind when I saw other pics. Sometimes one pic really looks nothing like the actual fish.

-Lisa

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Jrobber, in most of the fish sub forums there are stickys that are for pictures only for member to show off their beautiful fin babies.
Here's the one for Mollies, there are several varieties there:
Molly Fish Photos

If you see a fish sub-forum without a Picture Only Sticky, let one of the mods know. If there are enough members to add pictures, the moderators can discuss creating one.

Oh, I'll also move this to the Announcements and Suggestions section of the forum in case Mike is able to add more pictures to the profile pages.

Edit: I think Mike has replaced some pictures with better ones from members on the profile page.

Last edited:

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
But the problem with having more pics in the subforums is that the non-member that came upon the profile won't go searching the site for more pics. I know that's what I did. And heck, I don't think I've ever looked in the subforums even though I'm a member. I do a google search instead and the subforums don't seem to get indexed.

-Lisa

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm planning on adding plenty more pics, I just have to get to them in my huge backlog of photos I have to post-process. . Photography, especially macro photography, is my thing.

-Lisa

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yes, thanks for the link mathas. Hopefully, users will start posting lots of pictures of there different fish and those fish profiles will liven up!

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Great Idea

Mike you have permission from me to use this photo of my Balloon Mollys

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom