Fish Problem

Ty P.

Reaction score
Hello, yesterday i bought a baby tiger oscar i have everything it requires i just have a few questions. My green terror cichlid has been chasing down the oscar everytime he sees it and i wanted to know if i should get rid of the green terror or keep it. and my last question is what are some good tank mates for the oscar?

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This is completely natural behavior. These are both cichlids and it is very natural for them to chase eachother. Just as long as your green terror is not chasing to the oscar to the point where the oscar is starting to get badly injured they should be fine. Also good tank mates for oscars are basically any fish that get relatively the same size and can stand to be chased. Also what sized tank is it because you can reduse aggression by having a larger tank. Hope this helps

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oscars are usually quite shy when kept with more aggressive fish, and they appreciate caves. It's not really "hiding" but more of a territorial thing.
If it starts getting bad, rearrange the inside of the tank to erase any territorial lines the fish may have established.

Ty P.

Reaction score
Mick Frost said:
Oscars are usually quite shy when kept with more aggressive fish, and they appreciate caves. It's not really "hiding" but more of a territorial thing.
If it starts getting bad, rearrange the inside of the tank to erase any territorial lines the fish may have established.
oh ok, thank you for the response.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom