Fish Pregnant?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by nonamelikethis, Apr 19, 2018.

1. nonamelikethis

nonamelikethis New Member Member

Pretty sure my fish got knocked up again. She's starting to get really big and her gravid spot is starting to darken.

I need some tips and guidance on how I can raise the guppies so they do not die. If anyone has any helpful tips it would be greatly appreciated.

2. lizcateyes

lizcateyes Valued Member Member

What is your tank temperature setting? I've heard that raising fry at temps between 78-80f is ideal, if you can have them in that temperature range it would probably be good for them. Feeding fry can be challenging because they have such little mouths, I have raised endlers on hikari first bites and ocean nutrition instant baby brine shrimp, and I fed 3 times a day until they reached a mature size. If you are raising them in the tank with their parents, then having enough java moss/hiding spots to make sure they don't turn into snacks is also a good idea.

3. OP
    OP
    nonamelikethis

I was planning on getting a whole new tank for them, but I also want the same water they are born in because I dont want to mess with them. Any ideas for that? And s recommended food maybe?

Oh and my temperature level should be around 76-80.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2018
  4. Carlthefishnotthelama

Carlthefishnotthelama Valued Member Member

well i used an old 10 gal. i put a sponge filter into my community tank and when i noticed fry were close to coming i set up the 10 gal with water from a water change and moved the sponge filter over to their tank. then as i noticed the fry i scooped them and moved them into the 10!

5. OP
    OP
    nonamelikethis

What about keeping them healthy?

6. M

Madeline Peterson New Member Member

If they have good water and food, as well as places to hide so they feel secure, healthy shouldn't be an issue.

Honestly, when I had guppies, I just kept the parents in a heavily planted tank and left the babies to their own devices, and I ended up with more adults than I knew what to do with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice