Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Fish Passing..

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Zai, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Zai Valued Member Member

Today is a sad day in our house hold. The male betta we've been fighting to save for the last week passed away this morning. The stress of the methylene blue bath got to him. He wasn't gasping so I wasn't concerned but then he just stopped breathing. My 9 year old daughter, who's fish it was, is devastated... as am I. My ignorance put him in bad shape and ultimately killed him. I vow to learn from these mistakes so that every future fish that comes into this house doesn't go through this.
    Rest in Peace, Azul. I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you.

I know this is probably not the place but I needed to let out my grief in a place that I knew would understand.Most people say "it was just a fish" but those people are ones who have never owned a fish.

2. CaptAnnDuchow Well Known Member Member

Oh no i am sooo sorry!! You are on the right track though and cycling your tanks now so all the future fishies will be better off.

3. Amynnas Valued Member Member

You have my deepest condolences on the loss of Azul. I bet he was a beautiful betta and is swimming over the rainbow.

4. Zai Valued Member Member

he was, blue with red pelvic fins and had the most DIVA personality. He's going to be very missed

5. Sharkesse Valued Member Member

My condolences, losing a pet is never easy. Unfortunately fishkeeping is a horrible learning curve and we often have to experience these things to learn from mistakes. Please don't blame yourself, you did the best with the knowledge you had at the time.

Azul lived a very happy, loved and contented life, that's all that matters :) (awesome name, by the way)