Fish order

obusweetT

Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting ready to add some fish to my 30gal tank (it's almost finished cycling). I've planned on putting 6 threadfins, 3-4 corys, 2-3 ottos, and 2 blue rams in by the time its all said and done. I'm not quite sure what order I should add the fish in. I figure the rams should go last b/c they are the most sensitive but I'm not sure on the others... I'm thinking the coys or rainbows first... Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

jj

Reaction score
I'm new to this as well, and not at that stage yet, but wouldn't you add the Cory's last? Not sure of course, but if they want the algae I'm thinking last?? :-\

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Corys don't eat algae.
I usually work from the bottom up( I really don't know why ) I think the only reason you have to be careful how you add fish is to be sure and add the most aggressive last.
Carol

OP
O

obusweetT

Reaction score
My primary concern was that the threadfins, rams, and ottos are all pretty sensitive to water quality (from what I've read). I was hoping the corys might be tough enough to kinda get the tank settled down and then their more sensitive tank mates might have a better chance of survival. Also, I know that corys like to be in groups but I was thinking of initally only adding one for a day or two and seeing how he fared and then adding his friends. Thanks!

BristolBulldog

Reaction score
I recently lost my whole tank through a nasty messup etc. the cory's were some of the last to die. they are very hardy I think. We had three in there, and they do a good job of turning over the bottom gravel as well.

New Threads