Fish Online?

MatthewTommy

Has anyone ordered fish from Imperial tropicals, Aquatic Arts or Bluegrass Aquatics? If so can you share your opinion on them?

Lucyn

Has anyone ordered fish from Imperial tropicals, Aquatic Arts or Bluegrass Aquatics? If so can you share your opinion on them?
Imperial tropicals is very good in my experience, very nice shipping policies as well.

Ferretlady

I am extremely pleased with Imperial Tropicals also. I bought all my original fish and a few snails from them. Prior to ordering, I had some questions (in hindsight, probably a couple dumb questions too LOL). I dropped them a line and Mike (owner) responded right away & was extremely helpful & kind, spending a good bit of time going over all my questions & concerns. I've talked to him via email a couple times later, with some more questions about all the Cory eggs/fry that I was dealing with, & he's always been very helpful & very knowledgeable

The fish were packed so well & all as healthy as could be when they arrived, even though the durn postman left the box upside down on my doorstep - ignoring the very obvious labeling of "live fish" "this side up" etc. I was checking frequently, so the box didn't sit there long, but even so.... !!!

But in spite of that, everything was perfectly fine! Once acclimated, all the fish were active & seemed happy exploring their new home. All were beautiful healthy fish!

I have never lost a single fish in the 1 1/2 years that I've had them, other than one of my albino cories who somehow got himself stuck inside the inner tube of my sponge filter & I didn't find him in time sadly. (I have a narrow-opened diverter cap on the filter now, to prevent any further accidents). But, otherwise, I've never had any sicknesses or health issues at all with the fish from Imperial

My corys started breeding just a couple months after I got them & have been frisky little devils ever since haha. The super-red bristlenose I got has grown up to have the most gorgeous color & a great personality.

Ah - didn't mean to be so lengthy - but yeah, I'm a big fan of Imperial after my experiences with them !! They have a good Facebook group too. Family-run business for several decades - I believe Mike took over from his parents, it's only in somewhat recent years that they've sold online directly to the public. they know their stuff! If I ever have space for more fish, I wouldn't buy anywhere else - I'd go straight back to Imperial

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JeffK
Replies
Views
KimberlyG
Replies
Views
sloughdog
Replies
Views