Fish Names?! Silly? Funky...

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cool...weird...or fun? Is it wrong, or awkward...or just fine to name your fish? I mean, cats and dogs and evefry other pets ave names...right?! I have a betta named Rambo. Another one named Kane. One other named Brutus. (King betta) And lastly, one light orange-pinkish colored female named Princess Peach. Anyone else name their fish? If so, what are their names?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I name fish all the time, it’s a natural and perfectly good thing to do.
For instance, I have an Albino Cory named Phillis, and I named all of my bettas. My bristlenose is named Arnold.

2211Nighthawk

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Majority of my fish have names, Jupiter and Celestial are my goldies (Jupe is common, Cel is an Oranda) my three dojo loaches were Sandy Diego and California, but Diego’s passed. Haven’t decided on a name for his replacement. My 2 bristlenoses plecos are Harry and Lefty (got a busted fin) rope fish is Sobek, Spot is the Raphael catfish. Sterling is my angel fish, Pidge was my little pea puffer (she didn’t make it) oh what else. Han Solo was my ram, (also passed).

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I name all of my fish and other aquatics (I even named my marimos) Here is the list of past and present aquatic names...
Fin-guppy
Tucker-guppy
Gilbert-guppy
Sammy-guppy
Taylor-snail
PC-ghost shrimp
Mr.clean-ghost shrimp
Mia-snail
Turbo-snail
Mari-marimo
Midori-marimo

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Old bettas name was Gandalf (cause Gandalf is kinda bluish) new bettas name is yondu (from guardians of the galaxy) sometimes when He’s being silly I call him yondu the fondue

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Long time ago, I used to have 2 BIG goldfish named Ernie and Lazy. lol...

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i never not name my fish (or any other pet). i even named my moss balls. my frogs were named after the legend of zelda characters (will be keeping up the tradition for my future frogs), and my last two bettas were alejandro and tsunami.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just a few.

1. Beast.
_MG_7835 copy.0.jpg

2. Kelly fish.
_MG_7502-Edit copy.0.jpg

3. Missy.
_MG_7140-Edit.0.jpg

4. Prissy.
_MG_4852-Edit copy.0.jpg

5. Spike.
_MG_7945-Edit.0.jpg

6. Mr. Squiggles and friends.
_MG_0830 copy.0.jpg

7. Jimmy (Durante)
_MG_8587 copy.jpg

8. Moon glow.
_MG_5917 copy.0.jpg

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
here some of my fishes names. my bettas are moonlight and twilight. My green terror is Bub. My severum is ironhide. My three honey gouramis are ed, edd, and eddy. My two biggest silver dollars are jackle and Hyde. My salvni is froot loop. Just to name a few

Manytanks

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a black and blue betta named bruiser, a tiger barb named manakot (Filipino for bully), 2 bristlenoses named Bert and Ernie, a swordtail named slash, a black moor named Klaus, a ranchu named train, a white cloud named everest, a 2spot rasbora named jump, and many others I can't remember unless I'm looking at them

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom