Fish Medicine Cabinet.

Bluebone

I see people having issues with fish that pop up out of the blue for a variety of reasons so I was wondering what would be a good collection of things to keep in my fish medicine cabinet so I can quickly treat things as I see them rather than waiting for the store to open or worrying about work schedules? and what would these things treat also? as replies come in I will post them at the beginning of this thread for future reference.

CoryCats

If I can make a suggestion could you add if they are invert/scaleless fish safe? That's hard to find on the label (especially if your stressed and in a hurry) and can be important for corys and plecos which are pretty common

Aquarist

Good morning,

A link you may find helpful:
Some meds that have saved my fish

From the above link, I do keep and use Garlic Guard/Vita Chem/Prime. Although these really are not medications, they are beneficial to your tank and fishes overall health. Other than these 3, I do not keep any type of meds or antibiotics on hand.

Other threads on the same topic that I found by using the Search Fish Lore feature:

what do I need to make a hospital bag?

Recommended contents of aquarium medicine cabinet to have on hand

The Fishkeeper's Warchest

If your tank is stocked and you are not adding fish every time you turn around, keeping up with weekly water changes and routine filter maintenance, then chances are meds may expire before you need them.

Too, Quarantine!
Quarantine!

Ken

ryanr

I have to agree with Ken, some great info and links in his post.

I don't hold any medications. I do keep garlic guard on hand though.

Mamajin

Bluebone said:
I see people having issues with fish that pop up out of the blue for a variety of reasons so I was wondering what would be a good collection of things to keep in my fish medicine cabinet so I can quickly treat things as I see them rather than waiting for the store to open or worrying about work schedules? and what would these things treat also? as replies come in I will post them at the beginning of this thread for future reference.

This guy wrote up a very nice article about his quarantine tank process. It may answer some of your questions.

Top Bottom