Fish loosing energy? Normal?

MossMark

I have 11 neon tetras in a 20 gal tank. Recently they’ve been seeming tired and not moving around the tank like usual. They still swim, and occasionally school, but they just seem tired and often stay in the same place for a couple of minutes. I had an issue with some fish being aggressive but they appeared to work it out, could that be why they aren’t as energetic anymore? They only get a burst of energy when I come up to the tank. They are eating well, no signs of visible disease, and water parameters look good. Is this kind of behavior just normal or could it be a sign of unhealthy fish?

Dunk2

What exactly are the water parameters, how long has the tank been running and how often/how much water are you changing?

MossMark

What exactly are the water parameters, how long has the tank been running and how often/how much water are you changing?
Tank is almost a year old now. I do a water change every 2 weeks about 30%. Nitrites are 0 and so is ammonia.

StarGirl

What about Nitrates?

StarGirl

Your water seems good. Maybe they are just more relaxed and comfortable now without the aggression. My tetras just sort of stay in place too once in awhile and dont always school. If they are eating good and have normal poo etc. I wouldnt worry.

MossMark

Your water seems good. Maybe they are just more relaxed and comfortable now without the aggression. My tetras just sort of stay in place too once in awhile and dont always school. If they are eating good and have normal poo etc. I wouldnt worry.
That’s really good to hear. Thank you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
CastleGrayskull
Replies
Views
PNWBettas
Replies