Fish keeping books, advice please.

tatnsteph

Reaction score
I`ve seen a couple of books advertised on the internet claiming that people have been fish keeping for 30-40 years or so and with experience these people have learned to make fish keeping easier and cheaper, they claim they will share info with you that the lfs wouldn`t want you to know because it would cost them thousands if fish keepers knew these secrets of fish keeping that would stop them spending a fortune on chemicals and stuff for there tanks.
Has any-one here ever bought one of these books and do they save time and money?
Tat

lopez_316us

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new in fish keeping. I started with a book but all the information that you need to know about fish keeping is on the wed. Also, the book that i bought it was not expensive. Hope that would help you!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have sen those ads also. i think they are a scam so I never ordered any.
Carol

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think they're scam too. I don't even need the book. I have all the information I want in the library and web. My fishes are all healthy without those books.

tatnsteph

Reaction score
I am finding the internet great for info too specialy FishLore but these books claim they can save people alot of time and money so I was wondering if they could be worth a look but then I thought if all these time-saving and money-saving things realy work and they do exist then why aren`t they ever mentioned on these sites. There seems to be some realy knowledgable people on these sites who have also been fish keeping for a fare few years and they are not trying to sell us time-saving, money-saving ideas.
Tat

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have seen them too--they make the books sound too good to be true, so they probably aren't. :

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
whenever i'm in trouble i get help from this website. all people in this site are very cool and they help me when i'm in trouble, so i thank fishlore and its members. never bought any book. i also have a very good friend in my area, he is a master in fishkeeping.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom