Fish Keeping And First Child

Kesh88

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
HI all, I'm currently expecting my first child and have been thinking about how it will impact my hobby. I know the first few months with a newborn will be a sleep deprived haze but I don't really want to give up on fish keeping. I currently have 2 x 38 litre tanks, a 68 litre tank and a small patio pond (I think around 70 litres), not a lot but enough to fill an hour or two with water changes, glass cleaning and general maintenance every weekend.

I'm thinking of tearing down one tank until I feel I'll have the time to maintain 4+ tanks again. I can either 1) tear down the 68 and keep my two 38s (home to one betta each), or 2) tear down the 38s and divide the 68 in two for the betta, or 3) get rid of everything . The only issue with option 2 is that I currently have a male and female betta and I've heard it's not great to keep them in the same divided tank. The fish in the 68 will go into the patio pond.

How does everyone else manage their fish keeping whilst caring for babies?

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Congratulations!!! Have fun with your new baby!! I hope you can balance the two out! Do not feel bad about taking down a tank or two!!! Babies take a lot of time!!lol

New Threads