Fish itching and fins rotting

Fishowner24

I have a 40 gallon tank with like 22 fish and I have 1 red tail shark. he always has his top fins down I tried using fluke treatment. He seemed to get better but then when he got better and I stopped dosing. like 2 weeks later he was doing the same thing. It seems that he has a little of fin rot also. He also itches on stuff. I heard also that him having his fins down could be stress. Can itching be stress also? Also is his tail color a good health indicator to determine if he is stressed. Also I have noticed that my mollies are getting fin rot also I am pretty sure that these are fin rot on the mollies. Maybe fin nipping I doubt it though. I also noticed one of my cherry barbs itching himself to so I wanted to know if it is most likely flukes or if it can be stress? How should I treat the fin rot? I know it could be stres rot also but I am not sure if it is treated the same? Thanks for the help!

DoubleDutch

There are several possible causes of Itching. Something irritating in the water, parasites (protozoans) etc..

Got.some pics ?

Fishowner24

There are several possible causes of Itching. Something irritating in the water, parasites (protozoans) etc..

Got.some pics ?
Got pics of what? Of them itching?

Fishowner24

here they are I am not sure if it is flukes though because my shark is the only one that i have noticed that have had its fin all the way down. I have seen 1 other fish itch though. For the pic of the mollies the thing I am trying to show is the fin rot or what looks like fin tor on its top fin. For the pic of the shark I am trying to show how its fins are down. And on the other photo I am trying to show what looks like fin rot on the top of the back fin. Thanks!

Attachments

• image_50415105.JPG
    image_50415105.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7241.jpg
    IMG_7241.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image_40041759.JPG
    image_40041759.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image_6487327.JPG
    image_6487327.JPG