Fish Inquiry

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Maria Victoria, Aug 3, 2017.

1. M

Maria Victoria New Member Member

Hello, everyone! My Betta fish died 3 days ago..I had him for almost 2 years and he died due to the dropsy syndrome :(. However, I really enjoyed having him like my baby. I'm looking forward to buy a new fish. But I'm not an expert about where should I buy him/her? And also I will like to have 2 fishes in the same aquarium. Which type of fish will you recommend me?
    Thank you!

2. c

chrish828 Valued Member Member

What size tank do you have? The type of fish will depend on the size. I would recommend online, but if money is an issue, try finding a local pet store. If there is truly no other options, then go for a petco or petsmart. Be sure to keep your tank cycling though. You can add some fish food now if you don't have pure ammonia.

3. OP
    OP
    M

My tank is 2 gallons. Honestly, with my last Betta I loved him but you really need to take care of them. So, i was thinking about a type of fish that is not too delicate to care of. Since, I'm a student.

4. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

RCS and some plants

5. OP
    OP
    M

No hahaha, I don´t like RCS

6. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

well a 2 gallon aquarium is really small for any fiish

7. O

OscarOwner88 New Member Member

Unfortunately, I don't believe that there's a fish other then a betta fish that will be able to live in a 2 gallon tank. But what I think you should do is more decor. Or I am not certain but you could try neon tetras.

5a04569cc396e786e36212ddaac79baa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2017
  8. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Neon tetras wouldn't be suitable either.

If you don't like shrimp, what about a few nerite snails?

9. jl_1005

jl_1005 Valued Member Member

Neon tetras need much more space. They're a schooling fish so you will need a group of 6, ideally 12. They're also quite sensitive to poor water conditions, can die easily in a bit of an ammonia spike

10. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Only shrimp in a 2 gallon, sorry. No way around it. I've kept bettas in smaller tanks than that, but it was a weird situation.

11. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Only very small shrimp and bettas in a 2 gallon tank, sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice