Fish Inquiry

1. M

Maria Victoria New Member Member

Hello, everyone! My Betta fish died 3 days ago..I had him for almost 2 years and he died due to the dropsy syndrome :(. However, I really enjoyed having him like my baby. I'm looking forward to buy a new fish. But I'm not an expert about where should I buy him/her? And also I will like to have 2 fishes in the same aquarium. Which type of fish will you recommend me?
    Thank you!

2. c

chrish828 Valued Member Member

What size tank do you have? The type of fish will depend on the size. I would recommend online, but if money is an issue, try finding a local pet store. If there is truly no other options, then go for a petco or petsmart. Be sure to keep your tank cycling though. You can add some fish food now if you don't have pure ammonia.

3. OP
    OP
    M

My tank is 2 gallons. Honestly, with my last Betta I loved him but you really need to take care of them. So, i was thinking about a type of fish that is not too delicate to care of. Since, I'm a student.

4. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

RCS and some plants

5. OP
    OP
    M

No hahaha, I don´t like RCS

6. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

well a 2 gallon aquarium is really small for any fiish

7. O

OscarOwner88 New Member Member

Unfortunately, I don't believe that there's a fish other then a betta fish that will be able to live in a 2 gallon tank. But what I think you should do is more decor. Or I am not certain but you could try neon tetras.

5a04569cc396e786e36212ddaac79baa.jpg

8. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

Neon tetras wouldn't be suitable either.

If you don't like shrimp, what about a few nerite snails?

9. jl_1005

jl_1005 Valued Member Member

Neon tetras need much more space. They're a schooling fish so you will need a group of 6, ideally 12. They're also quite sensitive to poor water conditions, can die easily in a bit of an ammonia spike

10. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Only shrimp in a 2 gallon, sorry. No way around it. I've kept bettas in smaller tanks than that, but it was a weird situation.

11. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Only very small shrimp and bettas in a 2 gallon tank, sorry.