Fish injury :(

Quajez

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
One night I looked at my tank and noticed one of my 4 Giant danio's was bleeding. He was the smallest one, and usually just sat in the corner of the tank normally. He seemed to have blood on his tail, and his fin was torn up. He also has trouble swimming around, almost like a limp and didnt eat when I fed him. Any idea's what I should do to help him, besides just letting him stay and try to recover.

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Isolate him from the other fish. Are these giant danio in the 40 gallon with the Serpae tetras and the rainbow shark? If you have a quarantine/hospital tank, I would move the danio to it for a while, if not possibly get a tank divider and let him have some space to himself till he is better. He was probably picked on by the other danios for being "weak" since you mentioned he is the smallest one. Or it could have been the rainbow shark if he is in a tank with it. I had a rainbow shark years ago that we ended up getting rid of because it would not leave our other fish alone.

Quajez

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah it wasn't the rainbow shark because I also removed him quite a while ago for same reason.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Quajez said:
One night I looked at my tank and noticed one of my 4 Giant danio's was bleeding. He was the smallest one, and usually just sat in the corner of the tank normally. He seemed to have blood on his tail, and his fin was torn up. He also has trouble swimming around, almost like a limp and didnt eat when I fed him. Any idea's what I should do to help him, besides just letting him stay and try to recover.
aww I'm sorry for your poor danio Hope he gets better!!!
can you post your readings for ammonia/nitrites? because some blood can be caused from busted blood vessels as well and the tank is so very new ..and the tail could be an issue of establishing a pecking order...I agree getting a breeders net to put him in away from others, will be great....make sure the water is prestine and adding some vita chem and some fresh garlic to his food, should help a lot ...good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads