Fish In The Store Show More Color

JakeT

Just wandering why all the Jack dempsey fish I see in the store seem to show more color. I have 2 juvenile Jack Dempseys and they seem so much more pale than when I purchased them. I purchased them from two different locations at two different times and I selected them based on their colors. I have noticed lately that when I'm in a fish store the Jack Dempseys seem to show more color than mine do at home.

thephishsquad

Could it be your diet? I don't know much, but apparently diets do something with color sometimes.

PhoShow

JakeT said:
Just wandering why all the Jack dempsey fish I see in the store seem to show more color. I have 2 juvenile Jack Dempseys and they seem so much more pale than when I purchased them. I purchased them from two different locations at two different times and I selected them based on their colors. I have noticed lately that when I'm in a fish store the Jack Dempseys seem to show more color than mine do at home.
There are multiple reasons as to why fish might lose colour. Some reasons are they are stressed so give them hiding spots and some time, diet can play a role becausd maybe they aren't getting enough nutrients for their skin to show colour or they might be stressed which can also be because its a new home and they aren't familiar to their surroundings.

JakeT

thephishsquad said:
Could it be your diet? I don't know much, but apparently diets do something with color sometimes.
Thank you. I'll look into that. I am currently feeding Omega One Cichlid pellets.

PhoShow said:
There are multiple reasons as to why fish might lose colour. Some reasons are they are stressed so give them hiding spots and some time, diet can play a role becausd maybe they aren't getting enough nutrients for their skin to show colour or they might be stressed which can also be because its a new home and they aren't familiar to their surroundings.
Thank you. I will see if I can arrange some more rocks for hiding.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom