Fish Identification Help

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Golden Magikarp, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Golden Magikarp

Golden MagikarpNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +27
    Hello Fishlore Community! It's been a while. Could you help me ID this fish? I bought him for $5 at my LFS around 4 months ago. He was labeled as a Juvenile Ryukin. But it has already been 4 months and he still looks slender as heck. I would have thought that he should somewhat resemble the shape of a chubby Ryukin by now. He lives in a 20 gal by himself, with a big bush of Elodea and adequate filtering. I feed him Hikari's Goldfish Gold as a staple and Omega Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp as a snack. I also occasionally give him small pieces of broccoli.

Things to note:
    *No, that is not ammonia poisoning on the gills. I do water changes weekly. He's had it ever since the day I brought him home.
    *No, that is not Ich on the sides of his gills and at the front of this Pectoral fins. Those are in fact his breeding stars. IMG_7358.IMG_7359.IMG_7360.IMG_7362.JPGIMG_7363.JPGIMG_7364.JPG

The only things that have changed about him ever since I brought him home were his slight weight gain and an increased coloration in his calico areas.

2. Bry

BryWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +262
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Looks like a calico fantail goldfish to me. I have two that are the same shape.
    He/She is beautiful either way!