Fish identification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kribensislover, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Kribensislover

Kribensislover Valued Member Member

She was sold as a yellow lab. She was much more fluorescent when she was small. She was aprox 1" at purchase & 4-4.5" now. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407031607.674429.jpg

2. April R

April R Well Known Member Member

can you get a closer, more in focus picture of the fish you are talking about? I see at least two yellow ones in the shot of your thank. Gorgeous set up by the way. :;hf

3. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

Yes I will shortly :) & thank you very much. It's been a learning experience for me. I now have 4 freshwater tanks ;). Pics soon

4. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

I hope these help AprilR
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407110474.868073.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407110495.399994.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

6. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

7. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407112661.401772.jpg this is the male (or at least was sold to me as a male yellow lab) he looks more fluorescent yellow than my female, he is much smaller/younger so idk if that's why. What do you think?

8. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407112773.353194.jpg r ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407112839.251419.jpg
    A couple more pics of my male yellow lab

Attached Files:

9. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

10. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

I was looking at pictures on live aquaria & they have a yellow fish called red zebra cichlid (metriaclima estherae) that comes in red, yellow, and blue variations. They have a picture of the yellow one that looks nearly exactly like my so called yellow lab female. I'm wondering what you think?

11. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

Anyone who can help confirm will be appreciated. I'm almost positive Nemo (female sold as yellow lab) is a zebra cichlid.

12. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

Going on my theory that She is in fact a red zebra cichlid, should I increase the number of Red zebra cichlids or let her be a loner & increase the number of electric yellow labs?

13. OP
    OP
    Kribensislover

I'm so torn. I really love Nemo (female suspected red zebra cichlid) she has so much personality!! She greets me along with my Female Venustus, and yes they are friends!! I must have the exceptions for these breeds because the only somewhat pushy fish in my tank is the kenyi. Also I think this many caves, driftwood, and plants help too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice