Fish Id

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by FishAddictFamily, Dec 6, 2018.

1. FishAddictFamilyNew MemberMember

This fish came in a harlequin rasbora purchase. Looks like a guppy or molly shape. But it’s completely colourless ? Anyone know what type of fish this is for sure or if it’s some cool strain or a freak of nature. She’s about 1.5-2 inches IMG_9290.JPG

2. bryangar

bryangarWell Known MemberMember

looks like a female guppy. They’re usually colorless.

3. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

4. Rowan

RowanValued MemberMember

Agreed, looks like a female guppy, endler, or mosquito fish. Be warned, there's a good chance she's pregnant (because live-bearers reproduce faster than rabbits), so you may have more of them soon unless your other fish eat the fry.

5. OP
    OP
    F

FishAddictFamilyNew MemberMember

I have guppies. The female are dull mostly but all have some colour on their tail fins. So I wasn’t 100% sure on this one. Thanks guys :)

6. Guppy_Lover713Valued MemberMember

Yeah she’s either a female guppy, Endler, or mosquito fish. I have a few completely or almost completely colorless female guppies.

7. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Most likely a female mosquito fish, without a clearer picture I cannot give you a certain answer, but the shape and color points to mosquito fish, careful with it as they can be aggressive to other fish - they also handle living with goldfish without dying/being eaten.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice