Fish ID please - Page 2

Katie993

Any idea what these are? I’m torn between round gobies and a type of sculpin. Found in a small creek in southern Indiana at my parents farm. I’m hoping they’re a type of sculpin because round gobies just get too big and I’ll have to figure out something to do with them. They have some beautiful coloration. It’s just really hard to get a good pic against the sand. Super active and pretty aggressive. I had a few shiners in with them that were caught in the same area but that didn’t work out very well. They have left the darter alone though. I’ve already quarantined, treated for internal parasites, and watched for any other signs of problems for at least a couple months. They took to frozen food right away but I did fling it into the water for the first week or so to make a splash and catch their attention. There’s two and they have slightly different coloration but could be male and female. They stay pretty close together.

richiep

That looks like the British rock goby, I like him

Upvote 0

Katie993

That looks like the British rock goby, I like him
He really darkened up and showed his colors when I moved him onto black substrate. They do look very similar

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Pretty awesome looking fish if you ask me!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
juniperlea
  • Question
Replies
Views
LinasPlantLife
Replies
Views
Dimple