Fish ID help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So do you think it is the Apisto "steel blue" that I linked? I'm just curious because I've never seen that fish around here even though the article says it is common.

OP
Danie

Danie

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yep, I'm pretty sure you're correct. Looking at the picture and the video in the article they seem to be the same species. It says they can be aggressive but mine don't seem to be too aggressive-they are terrified of my red eye tetra. I don't think I'll be able to tell the gender of the fish, even looking at that guide it seems impossible unless they are breeding. That's strange, I haven't ever seen that fish around here either before now.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The link that Harpua posted has some awesome information in it. It got me interested in species of apistos that I've never seen before.

I'm still fairly new to apistos, but if yours aren't aggressive, I wouldn't be concerned. A lot of fish are difficult to sex when they're not breeding.

I wish they were more available. They are beautiful fish!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is an absolutely gorgeous fish! Exactly what I'm looking for in my 30 gallon restocking!!! Gimme! Gimme!!!!! hoto:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom