Fish ID (Cory Cat Species)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What kind of cory cat is this? The closest thing I could find is an axelrod. At times all the black is much darker. I have four of these. I believe this particular fish is a female.

Attachments

OP
Treefork

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lol yeah she's the chubbiest of the bunch. I've had them for two years but never spawned them. Course I never tried.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Last edited:
OP
Treefork

Treefork

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When I got them they were sold to me as pandas. They were a lot smaller, but once they grew I realized they weren't pandas.

EDIT: I took a look at the axelrod page and I think that's the closest I'm going to find. There sure are a lot of variations in look between same species photos.

Last edited:

pepetj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Corydoras imitator are often confused and mislabeled as Corydoras pandas. However the black horizontal mark your fish shows in its body (apart from the one in its back) makes me think in the same direction than Kuhnsture. Yours look like Corydoras axelrodi juvenile to me.

I would consider it just Corydoras species in the mean time and provide care as with most corys (high veggie diet, adequate sized schoal, reasonable air gap between the water surface and the lid, either neutral or towards soft/acidic water).

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%