Fish Id And White Stuff On Driftwood

Mr.Mang09

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would’ve said the white stuff on the driftwood is just a harmless bacteria, but it doesn’t look like the kind I’ve seen. The fish appears to be some species of rainbowfish.

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I moved it from my old tank to new one, Is it harmful? yeah it looks like fungus. What kind of rainbow is that? And what temperature should i keep it? Is it omnivore?

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes the white stuff is harmless. I have it on mine as well. It will slowly go away over time.

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Juvenile Bosemani Rainbow and juvenile Iranian Red Rainbow is what the fish look like to me.

I'd yank that driftwood and boil it myself that does not look like normal driftwood fungus.... Should look more like snot or fuzz, that doesn't look right.

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sfsamm said:
Juvenile Bosemani Rainbow and juvenile Iranian Red Rainbow is what the fish look like to me.

I'd yank that driftwood and boil it myself that does not look like normal driftwood fungus.... Should look more like snot or fuzz, that doesn't look right.
its been there for quiet some time. When i moved it in new tank, it suddenly grow out of hands. I dont want to remove the beneficial bacteria so i didnt boil it

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
axel said:
its been there for quiet some time. When i moved it in new tank, it suddenly grow out of hands. I dont want to remove the beneficial bacteria so i didnt boil it
BB should mostly be contained in your filter rather than the surfaces in your aquarium. The small amount of BB you would lose boiling that wood will not even blip in a healthy aquarium. I seriously would boil it. That doesn't look normal to me at all.

axel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I will wait for a month to see if it go away by itself. if you zoom in at my picture, you can see the veins on the wood created by the white stuff

I saw my rainbow eating it, is it okay?

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
To me...the first one looks like a Goyder River Rainbow and the second an Australian Rainbow.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom