Fish ich or not

• Thread starter Leonfish1234
  • Start date

Leonfish1234

Hiya
one of my guppys has i tiny white spotted which is a faded white the tank does have some micro bubble blowing around the top which look similar to the thong on the fish so would it be ok to treat the tank even though im not 100% would it harm anything if it was not ich i could also add carbon?
i would get a photo put its impossible he is moving and eating like normal
many thanks

RomanNoodles96

Well Known
Leonfish1234 said:
Hiya
one of my guppys has i tiny white spotted which is a faded white the tank does have some micro bubble blowing around the top which look similar to the thong on the fish so would it be ok to treat the tank even though im not 100% would it harm anything if it was not ich i could also add carbon?
many thanks
picture? Also why would you add carbon? Carbon will soak up any meds.

Leonfish1234

Oh i forgot to put i could add carbon after to soak up med after treatment time is over

Madchild57

Leonfish1234 said:
Hiya
many thanks
Does it look like salt? If so, it might be ich. Look at the borders, if its irregular or uneven, and it fades into the skin, it might not be ich. Ich typically has well defined borders of the spots whereas white spots from injuries or that just occaisonally pop up have faded borders.

Leonfish1234

Madchild57 said:
Does it look like salt? If so, it might be ich. Look at the borders, if its irregular or uneven, and it fades into the skin, it might not be ich. Ich typically has well defined borders of the spots whereas white spots from injuries or that just occaisonally pop up have faded borders.
ok thanks should i just watch it for the next few days
many thanks

Gone

Well Known
If you see one spot, and more spots don't appear soon, like within a day, it's not ich. Ich will cause white spots all over your fish. It looks like someone sprinkled table salt.

If it is ich, keep in mind that it has been in your tank for some time. Ich doesn't instantly cause white spots. The parasite itself is actually invisible. The white spots occur several days after the parasite has been introduced to your aquarium. You'll need to treat the entire tank, and keep treating for the recommended time. The white spots are just one phase of the life cycle.

Top Bottom