Fish Help: Harlequin Rasbora Bites or Bacterial/Fungus

Deberber

I know that these are not the best pictures. This is the third day of it. Originally looked like two nips on the side. Now I am not so sure. If it is bacterial/fungal infection, I need some suggestions on what to do. Fish cannot move the tail to the right much, can still stay upright but mostly is tilted slightly up. Have had for almost two years. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_6405.jpg
    IMG_6405.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6402.jpg
    IMG_6402.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6404.jpg
    IMG_6404.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 18

SpottedKit329

Is he/she not eating normally? Like are they eating more, less, or the same amount?
Has their behavior changed? Like have they been doing something weird, like staying at the bottom more then usual? Or not being as active?

Upvote 0

A201

Maybe just a victim of a weakened immune system due to old age.
Be a good idea to remove the Raspora
and either euthanize or observe it in a hospital tank.
Can't determine from the pics if the issue is injury or disease. If the problem is bacterial the Raspora's body will act as a bacterial incubator.
Not a good situation.

Upvote 0

Deberber

Maybe just a victim of a weakened immune system due to old age.
Be a good idea to remove the Raspora
and either euthanize or observe it in a hospital tank.
Can't determine from the pics if the issue is injury or disease. If the problem is bacterial the Raspora's body will act as a bacterial incubator.
Not a good situation.
I will put it in another tank and observe it to see if there is any healing happening. Thank you. Is there any treatment I can be trying?

Upvote 0

A201

Really not sure what you're dealing with & not a good idea to blindly medicate.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Mollap
  • Question
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420