Fish healing from disease, what to do now?

TopHatMan215

I had 3 flame tetras in a 20 gallon with some bloodfin tetras, but one day I noticed that the bloodfins were nipping the flame tetras and attacking them. I took all of them out and put them into quarantine, dosing with melafix, aquarium salt and some stress-coat. One of them was fine, one of them I failed to save, and the third had some damage on their analfin, and was missing their pectoral fin, instead there was a red gash. They seem to be doing ok (it's been about a week now), in the next couple weeks I am planning on relocating them out of QT. I have a 10 gallon tank with some neon tetras that I was planning on putting either a pea puffer or an apistogramma in. Would either of those fish be ok with a flame tetra and a flame tetra who has trouble swimming? If not, are there any other fish that could safely go in a 10 gallon with the injured fish? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Edit: In the title I meant to say healing from injury)

Onering1

I know that pea puffers can be very territorial if there are no hiding places such as plants for them or other fish and I wouldn’t recommend putting them in that tank if there are no places for the fish to hide. and as for the apistogramma I don’t know much about them so I will leave that for a more experienced member to answer. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Batmantheanglefish

I would definitely not do pea puffers they are extremely territorial and are best for a species only tank. Apistogramma need tank size of minimum 20 gallons or larger IMO. I think with the neon tetras since they are a schooling fish and the flame tetras the tank would be overstocked if you added any more fish. Good luck with the Tetras and glad they are healing

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jkkgron2
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies