Fish going into shock

Stefonn.Papi

Reaction score
We have a 75 gallon fish tank, we added fish and they went into shock turns out people lied to us about the temperature so we lowered it all the way down to 75-74ish our 2 clownfish we been having are fine in the water however the new 2 clownfish would go into shock when we add them so does the yellow tang, and damsels we let them adjust to the water in the bag and everything we have them in a bucket right now, water seems fine, we even went to petco to get our tank water checked out and they said everything checked fine it was just the temperature that was off, how do i add these fish without them going into shock or just not dying!!

OP
S

Stefonn.Papi

Reaction score
We have a 75 gallon fish tank, we added fish and they went into shock turns out people lied to us about the temperature so we lowered it all the way down to 75-74ish our 2 clownfish we been having are fine in the water however the new 2 clownfish would go into shock when we add them so does the yellow tang, and damsels we let them adjust to the water in the bag and everything we have them in a bucket right now, water seems fine, we even went to petco to get our tank water checked out and they said everything checked fine it was just the temperature that was off, how do i add these fish without them going into shock or just not dying!!

OP
S

Stefonn.Papi

Reaction score
to add to this when i say shock they would go crazy then lay on the ground until we put them back in the bucket, the bucket is the same water as the fish tank so i don’t know what to do no more

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
To me it sounds like they're just stressed from the move, it can take weeks for fish to get used to their new environment.
I don't have experience with Marine fish so I don't know how different they react.

jinjerJOSH22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don't think it's temperature shock, that's usually when the temperature changes rapidly, if you didn't have the issue yesterday when you added them it's unlikely that's the issue now. A 75 would take a while to cool down and certainly not fast enough to cause a shock.
I would just give them time to settle.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 19.8%

Top Bottom