Fish Genders And Dwarf Gourami

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Lefky, Jun 9, 2019.

1. LefkyValued MemberMember

I was wondering what you guys think the genders are on my Dwarf Gourami, GBR, and Pearl gourami. Also a question about how my dwarf gourami is acting. I added him/her a couple days ago but they are still freaking out and not eating. I would think they are still getting used to the tank. Is this normal for a fish? Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. fjhWell Known MemberMember

pearl gourami: female(?)
    dwarf gourami: male
    GBR: male
    angel: impossible to tell unless you see them breeding. males will sometimes develop a hump on his forehead. yours looks like a juvenile though.

Is your gourami getting bullied? Does he have any places to hide? Did you quarantine before adding him?
    He is probably just getting used to the tank, but rather safe than sorry.

3. LefkyValued MemberMember

The GBR came up to him but never chased, nipped or anything. There are many places for him to hide like plants, a log and a cave. Ill probably give him another week. Thanks for the reply!

4. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

5. CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

Pearl Gourami is a definite male. Dwarf also male imo.
    Ram looks from (bad) picture possibly female, but could easily be male, better pics required.

6. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Not any doubt about the DG !

7. CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

Not any here either really, I’m just cautious these days, now that the women are colourful too. :)

8. LefkyValued MemberMember

Thanks for the reply's. I was hoping the gourami was female because I may have added a female betta to the same tank. I will take some better pictures of the ram when I get home, he will not stop moving haha.