Fish fry!

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by LJC6780, Jun 25, 2016.

1. LJC6780

LJC6780 Well Known Member Member

So I've had one of my pregnant guppies separated for a few days thinking she would drop fry any day and last night I decided to go ahead and add the other two pregnant guppies in the 20 gal with her and 2 new small Nerites and 3 baby guppies. They immediately started swimming together and seemed much happier ... then this afternoon we discovered they were dropping fry! They have all been everywhere in the tank and I think they may all be having them. I know the green one has for sure. They all still look very pregnant. Several fry have gotten eaten but there are still a lot left. They are so cute! https://vimeo.com/172255440[​IMG]

2. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar Well Known Member Member

Take care of the fries :D.

3. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

I've given them some ground krill fry starter and have already gotten a few brine shrimp hatched and gave them a bit tonight. It was so weird, like dust particles floating all in the water and every fish in the tank zipping around to get as many as they could! I think BBS (am I the only one that thinks Bulletin Board Service when I see BBS?) are going to be a big hit with everyone!

4. Protim Sarkar

Try to feed them proteinecious foods. Now I am going to feed my fries.

5. OP
    OP
    LJC6780

Is the ground krill and BBS enough or do I need to give them something else also?

6. Protim Sarkar

They are good . You can also feed them blood worms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice