Fish Fry ID (I found them as eggs and took them in and hatched them, they just hatched a day or two ago.)

Hudson

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Not sure what these are, my best guess was some type of catfish. HELP ( I found them in the wild in slightly brackish water.)

Attachments

FishGirl38

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It is REALLY hard to say at that point. They re not yet developed at all. I would start thinking about fish that have elongated bodies though. The proportions from head to body seems a little long to me. Mudskippers are elongated.

Lol missed the text from the OP. Slightly brackish...Hmmm....Wild caught...where? what region? cold water? warm water? Were the eggs stuck to a rock or something or were they scattered?

OP
Hudson

Hudson

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I
richie.p said:
This is a wild guess looking at the head could it be some type of mud skipper
I just did some more research. I’m pretty sure they’re Common Carp

FishGirl38

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Well...I would try to keep their tank parameters as close to their natural parameters as possible and find out....That is really exciting though.

OP
Hudson

Hudson

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FishGirl38 said:
It is REALLY hard to say at that point. They re not yet developed at all. I would start thinking about fish that have elongated bodies though. The proportions from head to body seems a little long to me. Mudskippers are elongated.

Lol missed the text from the OP. Slightly brackish...Hmmm....Wild caught...where? what region? cold water? warm water? Were the eggs stuck to a rock or something or were they scattered?
They were found on the side of my wooden dock on moss underwater, I just did some more research, and I think they’re Common Carp

FishGirl38

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That's very possible. Carp do spawn like that, in matted vegetation - Even if they are that's still pretty neat.

New Threads